A delicious 4th of July treat! We are planning on making this recipe and combining it with blue corn chips!! What will you make?? Let us know! Happy 4th!!
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey start with 2 and add more if needed
- 1 medium jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the salsa:
- ¾ cups diced jicama
- ½ cup finely diced white onion*
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Stir well till combined. Set aside.
2. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro.
3. Just before serving, combine all salsa ingredients (except reserved cilantro) in a medium size bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with a bit of the reserved cilantro and serve.